Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gobble Gobble

I hope you all had a happy, happy Thanksgiving. We had a relaxing and special holiday with our little turkey on his very first Thanksgiving! The morning started off early morning, homemade strawberry bread, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and a mini photo shoot.





Thanksgiving is the only holiday we don't see both our families the same day. We flip-flop between my family here and Jon's family in Marshall, TX every other year. This year was our year to spend with my family. It was nice to be close to home, relax and eat all my favorite dishes at my parents house. We started the afternoon with more photos (did I mention it was Gray's first Thanksgiving?).


I Love that I got my parents to put those turkey's on their heads...great pic!


Then it was food preparation and food consumption time. My dad made the MOST DELICIOUS turkey I've ever had!!!!! Seriously...it was amazing! Jon shot this cool pic of the poor guy before he headed to the oven.

Gray got to sit at the big table with us and dined on a special Thanksgiving treat. Sweet potatoes and cinnamon!!! He likes regular sweet potatoes, but the cinnamon really grabbed his attention!

YUM!!!!

The evening ended with pictures of these little turkeys...hilarious!

I am  so thankful for the many ways God has blessed us this year. I am thankful for the LIFE and HEALTH of my little butterball!!!!! I'm thankful for my amazing husband and our commitment to continually work on our marriage (even when we get super annoyed at each other). I'm thankful for my morning coffee, footie pajamas, my wonderful family and supportive friends. And most of all, I'm thankful that I serve a good and glorious God!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st Thanksgiving, Baby Gray. You have brought happiness to so many people already in your short little life..including me! I'm thankful for you all and love you so much.

    ReplyDelete