Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tag...I'm It!

My sister called me yesterday morning and informed me that my blog had been tagged by Brittney. After clarifying what that meant, I was anxious to find out the rules and get started with my "Truth Tag" post. Thank you Brittney for thinking of me and my new little blog!


The rules are...
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were tagged...
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Here they come. 10 HONEST things about myself...sweet, weird and random. Enjoy!

#1 I'm left handed (technically ambidextrous)
I write left handed, but everything else I do, I do with my right...eat, play sports, etc.

#2 I have a serious clown phobia
I was scarred for life in 4th or 5th grade when my friends wanted to rent a scary movie at a sleepover. The worst/scariest movie ever made was chosen...IT. If you know this movie, you know what I'm talking about. Since that terrifying night, I can't look at a clown without getting the heebie-jeebies!

#3 "Delta Delta Delta can I help ya, help ya, help ya?"
Yes, I'm a sorority girl and proud of it! I was a Tri Delt at Mizzou. It was an amazing experience and I have the most wonderful, lifelong friends to show for it!

#4 I don't wash my face at night
I was happy to see Brittney post the same thing and I can completely relate. My face just prefers it that way. Ask my sister what she thinks...it grosses her out!

#5 I put on my mascara with two hands
I guess it has to do with the whole ambidextrous thing, but I put mascara on my right eye with my right hand and my left eye with my left hand. I don't think it's that weird, but people who know that about me seem to think it's completely nuts.

#6 I was a girly girl and a sports girl growing up
I danced for 10 years, played soccer when I was really little, softball and volleyball in elementary-middle school and was a cheerleader at Vines and Plano Senior High.

#7
I'm SUPER competitive!

It doesn't matter what it is, I'm in it to win. I've come along way in learning to be a gracious loser. My dad used to say that I would get so mad and cry if I lost Shoots and Ladders.

#8 I tried out to sing the National Anthem at Mizzou
This was without a doubt one of my most embarrassing moments! I went with my friend Harper to the Hearnes Center (our basketball arena) to support her while she tried out. (She has an AMAZING voice) When we left I thought, maybe I should have tried out too. So after practicing with Harper in the car, we went back and I put my name on the list. When it was my turn, I walked out onto center court, stood with the microphone in front of a camera and several remaining students, including Harper who had my parents on the phone so they could hear me, and I started to sing. Right away, I knew I started on a higher key then I had practiced. That said, let's just say when I got to "and the rockets red glare," my voice cracked so bad that I just said," Ok, I'm done" and handed the microphone back to the people and left. Harper and I laughed SO hard all the way home. To top it off, our house mom came to my room that weekend and brought me the city newspaper. A picture of me singing at the tryouts with my eyes closed was on the front page!

#9 I can't whistle
People have tried to coach me and give me tips, but I have never been able to whistle. It's sad if I try to sign "Whistle while you work," because I have to follow it with saying do, do, do, do, do, do, doooo.

#10 I studied abroad in London my Senior year in college
One of my best friends Lindsay and I studied abroad together through the journalism program at Mizzou. We interned while we were there and traveled on the weekends. My internship was at a jewelry magazine called Retail Jeweller (yes they spell it with 2 L's). Lindsay and I traveled together on the weekends to Paris, Scotland, Prague, Venice and Switzerland. It was hands down the greatest experience of my life! I can never thank my parents enough for supporting me and blessing me with that opportunity.


Well that's it folks. I hope you learned something new about me. At least you found some new ways to make fun of me!

Brooke: I know you'll have some great things to share!
Jon: I feel like there's a lot of things people don't know about you. Love you!
Rachel: You're all about honesty, which is one of my favorite things about you!
Seth: I know I'll laugh!
Storey: We haven't talked in YEARS, so I'm sure there's a bunch of things you could fill me in on!
Christine: (same reason I picked Storey)
Lyric: I think I know everything about you, but other people would probably want to know more about how wonderful you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment