Friday, June 10, 2011

Gray's 1 month check-up

Gray got an A+ at his one month check-up (almost a month ago). It was our first time visiting his pediatrician's office and he did great! His appointment was 2 days after we were discharged from the hospital and I was happy to receive more reassurance that he was a healthy little baby.

Like most babies I assume, he wasn't a fan of being stripped down to his birthday suit in the cold doctor's office, but he was a trooper.


His first weigh in said he was 4 pounds 10 ounces, but that would have meant he lost 6 ounces in 2 days. After our Dr. saw him and we told him he had been eating like a champ, he had his nurse weigh him one more time. This time he weighed 5 pounds 4 ounces...much better!



(Sorry for the crazy double chin shot...I've got to work on my mother and son poses. Haha!)



 When I brought Gray back to the table to get dressed, he decided to pee all over me and the table. I guess that's boys for ya!


Peeing all over the place aside, it was a good appointment. I love his doctor and know my little guy will be given the best care as he continues to grow!

Here are Mr. Gray's 1 month stats:

Weight: 5 pounds 4 ounces - 75%
Height: 18.5 inches - 25%
Head: 12.5 inches - 25%

(The percentages are adjusted according to his prematurity)

P.S. We went in for a quick weight check 1 week later and he gained 10 ounces!!!!! So on May 20, he weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces. This boy might be small, but he can eat!!! I have lovingly given him the nickname little piggy:)

Oh and he peed everywhere again...this time all over me, himself and the floor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment