Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I didn't get to spend Father's Day with my dad this year because Jon and I left early Sunday morning for a conference in San Antonio (more on that coming soon), but I wanted to make sure I paid tribute to the man I'm lucky to call boss, guidance counselor, teacher, friend and most of all...Dad! I have always felt lucky to have such amazing parents! I have also always known I have a special relationship with my dad. Growing up, and now as an adult, I think I can pinpoint the reason for this close father-daughter bond…He’s Involved. My dad has always been there for me. He's always been present. Always available. This involvement not only gave me confidence, but also the natural willingness and longing to share what was going on in my life with my dad. He has always supported me, cheered me on and reminded me I can do anything I put my mind to! (Of course that made it hard when I didn’t know what I wanted to put my mind to, but that’s another story.)

So, this Father’s Day, I want to say thank you! Thanks dad for being a great man, father and friend!!! Thank you for always being INVOLVED in my life.


THANK YOU FOR:
*Helping to coach my softball teams
*Putting my hair in a ponytail at Indian Princess camp outs

*Reading me bedtime stories

*Never missing a dance recital or volleyball game
*Taking me and my friends skiing during Spring Break in middle school
*Never missing me cheer at a football, basketball (boys/girls), soccer (boys/girls) and girls volleyball games at Plano.

*Flying to Mizzou countless times to help me move from Tri-Delt room to Tri-Delt room and driving home with me for summer break.

*Always answering my calls when I was at college and needed to ask a silly question or just talk about my day

*PAYING FOR MY COLLEGE EDUCATION
*Giving me the experience of a lifetime by sending me on Mizzou’s journalism school’s study abroad program in London!!!
*Being an honest person and businessman

*Believing in me

*Walking me down the aisle
*Blessing me with THE WEDDING OF MY DREAMS
*Family vacations
*Encouraging me to experience LIFE!
*Putting family before everything on your long list of responsibilities
*A million other things...I can't list them all!

But thank you most of all for just being YOU! I love you Dad! Happy Father’s Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment