Friday, June 26, 2009

Trip to San Antone!

As you can tell, I'm really trying to play catch up here. The month of June was so crazy and our many celebrations and activities put me weeks behind on my postings! Our trip to San Antonio was one of those activities that put me behind, but it was so worth it!!!

Sunday, June 21 (Father's Day and Jaime's B-Day) we took a mini road trip to San Antonio for the International Renovare Conference. The conference was centered around Eugene Peterson's book The Jesus Way. Eugene Peterson was one of the speakers, along with Dallas Willard (one of Jon's favorites), Richard Foster, John Ortberg and more. Those in attendance were Josh and Kim, Zach and Jaime, Terry and Richmond and Randy and Nancy. It was mighty HOT, but we had a great time strolling on the River Walk, eating meals together, being challenged and learning how to be more like Jesus.

Me and the Birthday Girl!


One of the many highlights of the trip was our morning/afternoon at Sea World. We went with Josh and Kim and Randy and Nancy to visit Shamu himself and had a blast!!! It was like we were little kids again!


Sea World was not only fun, but also educational. I always thought these cute, slick, waddling little guys were Seals....I was wrong. I now know they're Sea Lions. I could have bet money they were Seals, but I stand corrected! The hairy, chunkier fellow two pictures down is a Seal.

Can you see the little baby? It was 4 days old!!! So sweet!

(SEAL)


SHAMU!!!
We sat in the splash zone at the show and Randy was really the only one who got soaking wet! On our way out of the park, the boys decided to stand on the platform at the bottom of a big water ride to cool off. They got cool quick!A quick smooch before the road trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment