Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thankful for my MOM!

Happy late Mother's Day to all you mom's out there! As Oprah always says, being a mom is the hardest job in the world! Although I haven't experienced the joys of motherhood just yet, I know without a doubt her statement is true. Mother's hold the biggest responsibility in the world. Mother's sacrifice, work hard, love like no one else, juggle a million things at once and never punch the clock. The clock is running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! Motherhood is something to respect, honor, appreciate and cherish. And with that said, I would like to tell you about the greatest mom on the planet...MY MOM.


My mom is a wife, mother of 2, daughter, sister, mother-in-law, friend, aunt and grandmother. My mom has poured her life into mine for almost 26 years and I'm overwhelmingly grateful. Whether she was chauffeuring me to and from dance class, softball practice, volleyball practice, school play practices or cheer leading privates, chaperoning middle school dances, bringing snacks up to cheerleader camp on performance nights, bringing me a new pair of shoes up to school when my sandal strap broke, taking me shopping, flying to Mizzou for Tri Delt mom's weekend every year at college, sitting with me when I was sick or talking to me for hours on the phone, my mom has ALWAYS been there for me!

My mom is hands down the most positive person I know (along with you Ms. Regan:) She never takes herself too seriously and always has a smile on her face. She knows how to keep things in perspective and always look on the bright side. My mom is stylish, SO MUCH FUN and completely enthusiastic about life! She's also one of the hottest grandmother's around!!! My mom is selfless, joyful and incredibly strong. She's beautiful, spastic, kind, smart, hilarious and a master clean freak! I hope that even a fraction of her rubs off on me (not just the migraines and neck problems...hahaha).
I am so incredibly blessed to have the unconditional love and constant support of my mom. The wonderful thing about my mom is that she's also my best friend! I love you mom more than I can say and I'm so thankful for everything you have done and continue to do for me!!!

I hope all the mother's I know had a great day full of pampering, relaxation and overflowing praises of appreciation. You are precious.


If you made it through mush-fest 2009, here are a few silly pictures from Mother's Day:


(We got on a role of old school poses. Not included is a classic back-to-back leaning, one leg up, one leg out straight pose. Y'all know what I'm talking about!)

Jon and I brought over food to my parents after church to celebrate my mom and Lyric! We ate, took pictures outside, opened presents and played an intense game of Scadagories. Jon actually beat my dad! Then we picked up MORE food and brought it over to the Bailey's to celebrate Nancy and Shannon! I'm so mad I didn't get any pictures of Jon and his mom. We had yummy BBQ and ate an amazing dessert Nancy made outside on the patio while the boys played.

I should also say that I have THE BEST mother-in-law in world!!! Seriously...I'm not just saying that. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing second mom. Nancy is fun, warm, strong and we call her "handy-nan" for a reason! She deserves a medal for raising four kids, two of which were Jon and Josh...God bless her! More than any of the million reasons why I love Nancy, the number one thing I'm grateful for is raising an amazing son to be a great man and husband. I am forever grateful to her for the love of my life!


2 comments:

  1. Being mentioned in the same sentence as Miss Shauna is definitely something to smile about! She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, you made me cry! Those were the sweetest things ever to say....I LOVE YOU!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete