Thursday, May 7, 2009

RENT

Last night my mom, sister and I went to see RENT at Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas. In 8th grade, I took a school trip to NYC. It was the first time I visited the Big Apple and loved every minute of it! My mom came too, which made it extra fun! It was then that I fell in LOVE with Broadway. I love musicals and one of the first shows I ever saw on Broadway was RENT. Now it was a little racy and a lot of it went over my little 8th grade head, but the music was unbelievable!!! Since then, I have seen RENT two more times in New York and again last night. The awesome thing about last night was that the two main characters, Mark and Roger, were from the original cast I saw in 8th grade. (The same guys in the movie) They were unbelievable and I fell in love with the show all over again. My mom had obviously already seen it, but it was Lyric's first time. She didn't want to sit next to me because she thought I would sing along the entire time...rude I know...but I was on my best behavior and only mouthed the words ever once and a while. For those of you familiar with the show, I would kill to play Mimi! I used to sing her parts in the shower all the time. (Hence the reason Lyric didn't want to sit next to me) One day I'll try out and sing my little heart out on a big stage...not really, but a girl can dream!

Before the show we stopped for a bite at Cuba Libre. So good. The Jerk Chicken Quesadillas are like no other! We had such a great time. It's been a while since we did something, just the three of us and I hope we can do it again soon! Love you mom and Lyric!!! Love you RENT!

Thanks dad for treating your girls to an AMAZING NIGHT OUT!!! Love you :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhh!!! i still remember seeing Rent with you and Michelle in NYC...i'm pretty sure Joey Fatone was in it - ha! Glad y'all got to see it again (:

    ReplyDelete