Friday, July 20, 2012

Team Smith


I know its been almost 2 months since I've posted on this little blog of mine (as I'm constantly reminded by my mother). Its been a busy summer, but I'm going to try to play catch up. First, I wanted to make sure I didn't pass over the March for Babies walk we participated in back in April. Last year, Jon walked with friends and family the day I was released from the hospital after having Gray. He walked in memory of Smith, our first born, just days after Gray was born. This year, I was excited to join Team Smith and walk with my family to honor both my boys!

 

I have to say a huge thank you to my friends and family who walked with us and for those who couldn't walk, but bought t-shirts and/or made donations to our team. We raised over $2,000 for March of Dimes so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! This walk is a family tradition we will continue to enjoy as a way to remember Smith and to support to work of such a great cause.


Walking with Gray, in memory of his brother was sweet. I felt so grateful for Gray's health and life and so thankful for God's work in my life through the birth and death of Smith. Both of my boys are true treasures from the Lord! And did I mention what an AMAZING FAMILY and FRIENDS I have?!?! If you're interested, we'd love to have your support for the March for Babies 2013!!!




1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful tradition. I know I don't know you, but I feel really compelled to reach out to you today. I stumbled onto your blog when I was looking for pictures from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. The picture with you and Smith is SO so beautiful. I really appreciated everything you wrote about Smith during what had to be a very difficult year. You are so brave and so honest in your writing. I really have valued hearing his story (and yours). Thanks for explaining what it was like for you and your family and Smith in the NICU. Your posts have moved me to huge, big, crocodile tears this morning thinking about him. What a beautiful little boy. I am so impressed by the way you have continued to honor and remember him by brining him a toy every year. If you are walking again for the March of Dimes this year, I'd love to make a donation to Team Smith. Please feel free to send me a link to your donation page at prugi08 at yahoo dot com. I'll be walking with my hospital this year, too, and I'll be thinking about your family as I do.

    ReplyDelete