Monday, November 1, 2010

The WORLD SERIES in TEXAS!!!!

For the first time in their history, the Texas Rangers became the American League Division Champions, which earned them a place in the World Series!!!! For those of you who don't know, my Dad is a big sports guy, but his true love has always been baseball. He played as a kid, he was the pitcher for the Richardson Eagles in high school and made the team at the University of Texas before throwing out his shoulder. For 25 years, my Dad has had season tickets to the Texas Rangers. I grew up going to the games, sharing in the highs and lows of the Rangers with my Dad. Over the past month, people have been joking with him saying that after 25 years, the money he's spent on season tickets is finally paying off and they were right!

My Dad has always wanted to go to the World Series and was beginning to think he would have to travel somewhere to watch two random teams complete. BUT on Saturday, October 30th, my Dad watched his team in his seats play against the San Fransisco Giants in the first home game of the 2010 World Series at the Ballpark in Arlington!!! AND....he invited my Mom, sister and I to join him on this special day!




We watched an exciting win that night and although the Rangers didn't take home the World Series champ title, they still had a heck of a season and made history!!!

Thank you Dad for inviting me to share such an awesome experience with you! I had a blast and will never forget the time I went to the WORLD SERIES!!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment