Thursday, August 13, 2009

San Francisco 2009: Part 2

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to finish posting about our vacation, but it takes FOREVER to upload the 5,000 pictures I'm trying to include!

Back to the trip.
Day 3: Saucalito and Napa Valley

Monday morning we woke up early for our big day in Napa Valley. We stopped at another precious little cafe in Saucalito for an amazing breakfast and then traveled an hour/hour and 1/2 to the absolutely breathtaking Napa Valley! Our first stopped was Silver Oak winery. We took a tour, did some tasting and stood in awe of the incredible landscape. I've always wanted to go to Napa Valley and it did not disappoint! I just can't say enough about it. It was gorgeous, romantic and educational! After Silver Oak, we stopped at Domain. Domain is known for making sparkling wines. We sat outside on their patio overlooking vineyard after vineyard and tasted a flight of sparkling wines and a flight of red wines. I don't think our camera ever stopped clicking!
When it was time to head back to the city, we decided to stop in Saucalito again for dinner. Our last stop for the day was to grab coffee and dessert at a place called Steps of Rome, famous for their Tirimisu in San Francisco. Then it was back to the hotel to crash!

















The Domain







Day 4: Our Anniversary, Napa Valley, Cliff House

We kicked off the morning with room service! Jon had beautiful red roses sent to our room and after we finished getting ready, we were off to what we thought would be a warm day at the beach at Bodega Bay. Turns out Bodega was cloudy, cold. We got out of the car to take a bathroom break, then got right back in the car and drove back to Napa. We like to call that little adventure the Bodega Bust. Luckily, we weren't too far from Napa and the rest of our afternoon was delightful! We stopped at two more wineries, Frank Family and Sattui, ate lunch and shopped around "downtown" Napa and made it back to San Francisco in time to make a quick wardrobe change and head to Cliff House for our anniversary dinner.


Frank Family


Yummy chocolate place downtown! I didn't know chocolate could be so pretty!
V. Sattui Winery
Cliff HouseThis was the view from our table!

I will make a separate post about our anniversary (if I ever get to it!).

Part 2 is finally complete. Now for Part 3...hang in there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH! I love Napa Valley already. Sparkling wine flights overlooking the vineyard...sign me up! Maybe I'll get to go someday. So fun!

    ReplyDelete